Tabatha is the Owner and Director at Julia Grace Salon. She has 24 years of experience in the hair and nail industry as both a stylist and an educator.
Tabatha spent time in Colorado gaining experience owning and operating an Aveda Concept Salon.
A Wisconsin native, she returned in 2004 to open Julia Grace Salon, name inspired by her daughters.
5 Benefits Tabatha Delivers
- I also do nails (natural and acrylic).
- I am a great listener.
- I can give you options for what will work best in your everyday life.
- I am knowledgeable on styles and products.
- I will be honest with you.
Why Tabatha Loves What She Does: On the hair end, I appreciate the fashion changes and keeping up to date with them. On the owner end, I enjoy being a leader and mentor.
Education: Scientific College of Beauty and Barbering- 1991.
Experience: 24+ years (and I still love what I do!)
Melat came to the United States after being adopted from Ethiopia. Since she was a young girl, she wanted to be in the beauty industry.
Melat splits her time between working behind the chair at Julia Grace Salon and being an educator for Moroccan Oil.
5 Benefits Melat Delivers
- I am a great listener.
- I will be honest about whether a look will work well with your style.
- I am knowledgeable on products and will teach you to use them.
- I can educate you on how to recreate a style at home.
- I do an awesome shampoo and blowout.
Why Melat Loves What She Does: I love meeting new people and making someone’s day brighter. I love that I get to create a style you are going to love looking at every day.
Education: Vici Aveda
Experience: 2 years
Cassie graduated from Madison College in 2015 and moved to Madison shortly after. She truly loves to make people look and feel beautiful. Her passion for fashion and beauty ensures her guests leave with a trendy and unique look they will love.
Cassie takes pride in providing a thorough consultation that allows her to create the best style possible for her guest’s needs.
5 Benefits Cassie Delivers
- I enjoy educating my guests.
- I LOVE color.
- I will be honest and realistic about the looks we can achieve.
- I am an expert at makeup!
- I love to style hair and show my clients how to recreate the looks at home.
Why Cassie Loves What She Does: I love to meet new people and help create the look of their dreams.
Education: Madison College
Experience: 3 years
Why You Should Choose Cassie: I take my time to get to know my clients’ needs and expectations to ensure we can get the results they are looking for.
Style: A little bit of everything!
Gallery: See Cassie’s work
5 Benefits Alex Delivers
- My guests are very important to me.
- I listen well to all my guests.
- I will do my best to help you achieve the style you are looking for.
- I have over three decades of experience.
- I will be your hair and nail expert.
Why Alex Loves What She Does: I get to meet great people and help them feel better about their hair.
Education: Innovation Beauty School New Orleans, LA
Experience: 35 years
Tracie joined the Julia Grace Salon team in 2014. With over 20 years of experience in the hair industry, Tracie has seen the industry change and grow with the times. Growing up with a mother in the hair industry, Tracie couldn’t think of a better choice of profession than to follow in her mother’s footsteps!
Tracie’s favorite things about this industry are the people she meets and transformations she sees every day. With a fresh cut or color, Tracie loves the change she sees in her guests physically and emotionally.
5 Benefits Tracie Delivers
- I am very detail oriented.
- I will provide the best results for your hair type.
- I have very curly hair and am comfortable working with curly hair, whether it be natural or smoothed out.
- I am a great listener and communicator.
- I love creating a total look that my guests can continue to style at home.
Why Tracie Loves What She Does: I love meeting people and making them feel great about themselves.
Education: Vici Capelli Aveda Institute
Experience: 20 years.
Why You Should Choose Tracie: As a stylist, I am very consistent and realistic about what is possible for someone’s hair. I truly love making people feel great!
Style: Classic with a splash of edge.
Gallery: See Tracie’s Work
Amanda’s passion for the industry shines through in her determination to continue to learn and advance her knowledge in color and the art of hair design. She recently became a Color Certified Stylist for Keune Hair Cosmetics.
Amanda chose to continue training to become a Keune educator. She is now a part of Keune’s Global Education Team and gets to share color knowledge with other stylists in the area.
5 Benefits Amanda Delivers
- I am a Keune Color Certified Stylist.
- I specialize in hair extensions.
- I work with guests to help create a customized look for their lifestyle.
- I believe in my ability to build a rapport with my guests which leads into a relationship.
- My guests leave my chair feeling uplifted and renewed.
Why Amanda Loves What She Does: My love for this industry comes from the ability to not only make people look better, but more importantly feel better inside and out.
Education: Capri Cosmetology School, 2003.
Experience: I have 12 years of experience.
Kirstin has been a hair designer and colorist since 2003. Her first education came from the wonderful school of Madison Area Technical College. From there she has been continuing her education to keep up on the latest vogue and fashions for her guests.
Kirstin is a fun and outgoing person who enjoys meeting new people. She loves her career and loves making guests look and feel their best. Seeing her guest’s eyes light up and that smile they have when they see their hair finished is truly amazing to her. Come and see Kirstin and she will make you walk out with a smile!
5 Benefits Kirstin Delivers
- I am professional in all that I do.
- I listen to your hair needs, and any challenges you may have.
- I am a master at the art of highlighting and foiling.
- I am blonde, so I know blondes.
- I am great at and love working with extensions.
Why Kirstin Loves What She Does: I truly care about people. For that reason, I couldn’t have chosen a better career than one in the beauty industry.
Experience: 12 years
Why You Should Choose Kirstin: I want every visit to Julia Grace Salon to be professional, relaxing, pampering, and most of all, all about my guests!
Style: Anything from edgy to modern.
Gallery: See Kirstin’s work
Malinda began her education at the Scientific School of Beauty in 1996, and since has traveled the Midwestern U.S. doing hair and makeup with a professional photographer.
She continues her education by attending classes monthly at beauty academies and hair shows, where she learns techniques to keep up with the latest trends in order to keep you looking your best. Malinda enjoys making her guests feel spectacular, whether it be with a new look or refreshing their current style. Stop in and let her “Make You Hot.”
5 Benefits Malinda Delivers
- I listen to the wants and needs of my guests.
- I’m honest with my guests about whether we can achieve the look they want or if it will look good.
- I love learning new techniques and trends.
- I have flexible hours.
- I make sure my guests are satisfied before they leave. They aren’t afraid to call back if they want something changed.
Why Malinda Loves What She Does: I love meeting new people and helping to make them feel good about themselves.
Education: Scientific Beauty School, La Crosse – 1997.
Experience: I have 19 years of experience behind the chair.
I am so excited and eager to start my career in cosmetology; something that I truly love. I hope to grow and become the best stylist I can be. I cannot imagine myself doing anything other than being a hairstylist.
5 Benefits Kendra Delivers
- I am up on the current trends
- I am honest with my clients
- I try to make my guests’ visits stress-free and fun
- I am determined to give my guests what they want within reason
- I am friendly and open when it comes to communication with my guests
Why Kendra Loves What She Does: I grew up watching my mom do hair and I always loved getting dressed up and feeling pretty with my hair and makeup done. I want to share that feeling of looking and feeling good inside and out.
Education: Madison College of Cosmetology
Experience: 1 year
Why You Should Choose Kendra: I put 110% in everything I do. I care so much about wanting to grow as a stylist and be the best I can be. I may lack experience, but I do not lack the passion to grow.
Style: Trendy, Edgy
Gallery: See Kendra’s work
Drew has been a hair colorist and stylist professionally for over 1 year. He trained under very experienced instructors at Regency Beauty Institute and has taken color classes on his own. All color and cuts are customized to each guest based on their features. He absolutely loves and prefers Balayage to traditional foiling techniques. Outside of the salon, Drew is an established musician in the Madison area.
5 Benefits Drew Delivers
- I do Balayage and Ombre
- I love new and trending looks
- I have experience with textured hair
- I love to educate my guests
- I listen to my guests as individuals
Why Drew Loves What He Does: I love making a positive impact in the lives of other people. This means offering my guests the service they need to look and feel their best.
Education: Regency Beauty Institute
Experience: 1 year
Why You Should Choose Drew: I’m very versatile and great at creating customized looks. I’m also great at razor cuts. I have a lot of experience with textured hair.
Style: Dynamic, Casual
Gallery: See Drew’s work
Mary is the Operations Manager and Wedding Coordinator at Julia Grace. She has a BA in Journalism and uses her degree at the salon as well as in free-lance work. She strives to ensure every wedding party is carefree and enjoyable for all and goes off without a hitch. At the front desk, Mary enjoys getting to know clients and making sure we do everything in our power to guarantee they are satisfied.
Stop in or call for any of your bridal party or appointment booking needs.
Why Mary Loves What She Does: I have a great group of stylists to work with and an awesome clientele! I love getting to know our guests and hearing about their hobbies and families, as well as filing them in about mine!
Education: I have a BA in Journalism from UW Oshkosh.
Experience: From working retail and in an office setting to driving a golf course beverage cart, I have gained a great deal of experience in the customer service field.
Rodd has been with Julia Grace Salon since the very beginning. You will see him manning the front desk on Monday and Wednesday evenings, which he has been doing for nine years. Rodd likes to travel and golf on his time off.